Friday 25 January 2013

Day 25.....Landscape






Landscape

land·scape  (lndskp)
noun.
1. An expanse of scenery that can be seen in a single view: a desert landscape.
2. A picture depicting an expanse of scenery.
3. The branch of art dealing with the representation of natural scenery.
4. The aspect of the land characteristic of a particular region: a bleak New England winter landscape.
5. Grounds that have been landscaped: liked the house especially for its landscape.
6. An extensive mental view; an interior prospect: "They occupy the whole landscape of my thought" (James Thurber).
 
 
Well the window boxes have survived their second brutal attack by the mother possum and her baby (yes there is two of them).....The little buggers came out early around 8.45pm last Saturday night before it was even dark and starting gnawing the petunias down to the soil....but everything else is thriving.  Strawberries are full of flowers ready for fruit.  My thyme has bounced back after the first possum attack, and I have one big petunia overhanging the front of the boxes because the pesky possums haven't worked out how to eat that petunia yet!! 

My bit of landscaping in this world!

#FMSphotoaday

4 comments:

  1. There are so many pests here to contend with when you garden isn't there Vicki? I remember when we were living in Brisbane just how destructive the bats were!
    Your plants look like they came out on top.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shocker Tammi, I'm just waiting for the birds to work out there are strawberries happening, and I suppose they'll be next to go.....I do have to bring the plants inside every night so the possums don't launch another pre emtive strike, and if I'm working through till around 9pm they come in mid afternoon.....ridiculous what you have to resort to.....not sighted a bat yet around here in my suburb, but saw plenty of them in the city when walking back from the tennis.....But you're right I think I'm winning the green guerrilla warfare!

      Delete
  2. I love this little garden. I hope the possums don't cause more damage. Right now a monsoon is threatening our new herb and vege gardens. I can't do much about the weather!
    Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella....considering I've always had black fingers and no green thumbs, I've done quite well with all my plants in the last 12 months.....Batten down the hatches and stay safe, garden included. Vic x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, They are all read and very much appreciated. Except for spam, they're reported to blogger and google+ Vicki x