Welcome 2014, the year of happy I've named it......I think with 2013 having the number 13 in it, made that year a bit ho hum. I think this year more than any other that I've seen, many people are saying good riddance to 2013 and looking forward to 2014. It seems last year has not been a great year for many of us.....well in my circle anyway!
Quilt has been made....it's very bright, and with time, like my one I made last year here , it will mellow down, squish and soften up......I was looking at last years quilt this morning when I took it off the bed, it really is like an old vintage find now. It is so unbelievably soft and mellow, and very well used and loved.
I have a few more quilts to make and or finish off....ran out of fabric for one, a bit of tidying up on another and one that doesn't have to be ready to mid year or so.....but one of my NY resolutions is to not leave things to the last minute.
I'm not normally a resolution maker, but this year I did decide to make a couple....well a few more than a couple, I just wanted to look back at the end of the year and see how far I got. Not major things, but achievable I guess would be a good way to look at them.
No moreNot so many yarn purchases.
- Pilates twice a week.
- Buy that damn bicycle I've been wanting to buy before Summer finishes.
- Lose that last 10 or so kilos.....I managed to get 6.5 off before Christmas, so I'd like to have the remaining 10 off by December....slow and steady.
- Finally learn to run and enjoy it.....Couch to 5K, here I come.
- Finish all the woolly works in progress before I start any more.
- Have at least 4 more knitted patterns completed before end of year.
- Save more money.
- Don't waste so much food.
- Comment more on other peoples blogs, facebook pages and the like....I know it makes me so happy when someone leaves me a comment, so I'm going to make sure I do it more to others this year.
- Smile randomly at someone in the street everyday.
- Be HAPPY!
What do you think.....Achievable?
Anyway it's time to go, dinner to make, warmest wishes to all of you for 2014. See you soon.
ps. Softie comes from here.